Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ten Specifications Down for Team UMI: WattDepotCli

So we have just completed our first team project and everyone could use some sleep. It is three in the morning and only four out of the ten teams have submitted their projects as of yet.

At the beginning of the project, I believed that it would not have been so bad. Working with partners has proven to be an effective was of learning and increasing productivity. So I'll share some of the experiences I had with my partner.

Unfortunately for us, my partner and I were unable to meet everyday since we both has busy schedules. Unfortunately again that this project be over the Halloween weekend where everyone likes to party away. With my schedule being so full, I was hoping to try finishing up small easy parts during my spare time. Though that didn't work out as well as I had planned.

Luckily for me, my partner is quite the diligent worker and before I could really step in a do much work, most of the project was already complete. I was left to review some code and add in a part of the remaining Cli. I do wish I could have helped more though, but the delegation of tasks were not as clear with each person working on something and then moving on to the next one that is not yet taken.

With proper delegation of tasks I believe that the project could have flowed smoother, but differences in schedule and does not often allow for that. Even with many people with a single goal, I learned that it takes a lot of communication between these people to get the job done. It wasn't until we sat down and talking about the task as hand were we able to really get it flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment